Last Updated: August 24, 2023
1. Personal Information Collected
As further described below, we collect personal information directly from individuals, as well as from nonaffiliated entities and automatically when you use our Services.
Personal Information Collected Directly. The personal information we collect from you depends upon how you use our Services, but generally includes:
- Communications and interactions. When you contact us through the Site, we collect your name, email address, the name of your company and other information such as the content of the message you submit. If you subscribe to our newsletter or other content on our Site, we will collect your contact information, such as your email address. When you contact us, we maintain a record of your contact details, communications and our responses. We also maintain records of communications and information that you post on our social media channels.
- Events and other requests. We collect personal information related to your participation in our events as well as other requests that you submit to us related to our Services. For example, if you register for or attend an event that we host or sponsor, we may collect information related to your registration for and participation in such event.
- Business development information. To assess and pursue potential business opportunities, we may collect and receive personal information about visitors to our Site, including contact information and other similar identifiers, company and professional-related information, and communications records.
Personal Information from Nonaffiliated Entities. We may collect personal information about you from nonaffiliated sources, such as public databases, social media platforms or other nonaffiliated entities.
- If you post information about us or engage with us on social media or other platforms, we may collect personal information about you from that nonaffiliated platform. These nonaffiliated platforms and services control the information they collect and share about you. For information about how they may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies.
Personal Information Collected Automatically. We automatically collect personal information related to your use of our Site and Services (e.g., using cookies). Such information includes:
- Activities and usage. We also collect activity information related to your use of the Services, such as information about the links clicked, searches, features used, items viewed, and time spent within the Services.
- Location information. We may collect or derive general location information about you, such as through your IP address.
For more information, see Section 4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies, below.
2. Purposes of Collection and Processing
Generally, we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process the personal information we collect from or about you for the following purposes:
- Providing services and support. To provide and operate our Services, communicate with you about your use of the Services, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests and for similar service and support purposes.
- Analytics and improvement. To better understand how users access and use the Services and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations, to develop features, and for internal quality control and training purposes.
- Marketing and advertising. For marketing and advertising purposes. For example, to send you information about our Services, such as newsletters and other marketing content as well as any other information that you sign up to receive.
- Planning and managing events. For event planning and management, including registration, attendance, connecting you with other event attendees, and contacting you about relevant events and Services.
- Legal proceedings and obligations. To comply with the law and our legal obligations, including any disclosure obligations, and to respond to legal process and related to legal proceedings.
- General business and operational support. To consider and implement mergers, acquisitions, investments, reorganizations, bankruptcies, and other business transactions, and related to the administration of our general business, accounting, auditing, compliance, recordkeeping, and legal functions.
3. Disclosures of Personal Information
We disclose and make available personal information, for the purposes described above, to nonaffiliated entities which generally include:
- Vendors and service providers. We may disclose personal information we collect to our service providers and others who perform functions on our behalf. These may include, for example, IT service providers, consultants, auditors, and legal counsel.
- Our affiliates. We may disclose personal information we collect to our affiliates or subsidiaries, who will use and disclose this personal information in accordance with the principles of this Policy.
- Nonaffiliated platforms, providers, and networks. We may disclose or make available personal information to nonaffiliated marketing and analytics platforms and providers that we use to provide or make available certain features or portions of the Services, or as necessary to respond to your requests. We may also make certain information available to nonaffiliated entities in support of our marketing activities.
- Others as required by applicable law. We may also disclose personal information to nonaffiliated entities to the extent required by applicable law and legal obligations, including to regulators, government entities, and law enforcement.
- In support of business transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. We may also share certain personal information as necessary prior to the completion of such a transaction or corporate transactions such as financings or restructurings, to lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants, as part of due diligence or as necessary to plan for a transaction.
Aggregate Information. We may share aggregated information derived or collected from our Services and the personal information we collect. This information does not personally identify or refer to any particular individual.
4. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Services, while others are used to support the security and performance of the Services or allow us to track activity and usage data within Service.
5. Your Privacy Choices
Managing Your Marketing Preferences. We may send periodic marketing emails or other similar communications to you. You may opt-out of these communications by following the instructions provided to you in the communication. If you opt-out of receiving marketing content from us, we may still send you communications about any services you have requested or received from us.
Cookie Preferences. You can manage your preferences regarding cookies and other similar tracking mechanisms within our Services. These choices may be browser and device specific, which means that you may need to set the preference for each browser and device you use to access our Services. In addition, if you delete or block cookies, you may need to reapply these preferences to each browser and/or device. To prevent cookies from tracking your activity on our Site or visits across multiple websites, you can set your browser to block certain cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. You can also delete cookies. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to delete cookies. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse the Site, but some features may not function.
6. Links to Other Sites
Our Services may contain links to nonaffiliated websites or features. Any access to and use of those linked websites or features is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those entities. We are not responsible for the information practices of such nonaffiliated entities, including their collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information.
7. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed for children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Services from persons under the age of 18, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
We have implemented reasonable precautions aimed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
9. Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the date provided above. We may modify this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any updates to this Policy here. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices regarding our use of the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice, such as by posting prominent notice on our Site.
10. Contact Us
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, you may contact us at 479-657-2100 or email@example.com.